Through the Division on Freedom and Justice, the Baptist World Alliance promotes respect for human rights, especially religious liberty, and justice in human affairs as values that are grounded in Scripture and in the faith of the church.
- Report on Eritrea: 20 Years of Oppression by Elijah M. Brown
- Human Rights Day 2013
- Delegates travel to Azerbaijan for Human Rights Visit
- BWA Delegation Visits Colombia for Human Rights Visit
- BWA Team Travels to Nigeria for Human Rights Visit
- BWA Report on Religious Freedom Violations in Azerbaijan
- Glen Stassen Receives International Baptist Human Rights Award
- PAKISTAN: On 22 September 2013, suicide bombers attacked the historic All Saints Church in Peshawar, Pakistan after a worship service, killing at least 85 people and injuring over 100 more, several of which were children. Please commit your prayers to the victims and their families. Please also pray that the Pakistani government will bring those involved with planning and executing this senseless act to justice, and that the government will do more to protect religious minorities throughout the country.
Click HERE for more prayer requests.
- Human Rights Day 2013 - materials available now!
- Baptist-Muslim Relations
- Human Rights Advocacy
- Religious Freedom
- Social and Environmental Justice
- The BWA is a non-governmental organization in consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council and a member of the Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the UN.
Click HERE to learn more about the BWA's work with the UN.
To receive news releases, newsletters, magazines, and other information and resources, click here.