"Hear the Spirit - Liberation," is this year's emphasis for Baptist World Alliance Day, May 4-5, 2013. This is the day each year when Baptists are encouraged to worship together and pray for one another. Worship resources are available below in English, and translations are being completed for 6 more languages, so check back often.
In the 1920's, this day was established as "Baptist World Sunday," and has been celebrated in February and now occurs on the first Saturday and Sunday in May, acknowledging Baptists who worship on Saturdays instead of Sundays. Churches may celebrate the day at any time convienent for them.
This year, the order of worship, prayers, and sermon notes for BWA Day 2013 have been provided by the Rev. Samson Olasupo A Ayokunle, Ph.D, President & CEO of the Nigerian Baptist Convention. He also serves on BWA's Commission on Baptist Worship and Spirituality.
BWA Day Resources
- English (PDF)
- Bulletin Insert (PDF) (English Only)
- Deutsch (PDF)- translation provided by Lina Rahbarnia
- Español (PDF)-translation provided by Carolina Mangieri
- Français-(PDF)translation provided Andre Souchon
- Português (PDF) - translation provided by Professor Cynthia Jacobsen Berzins
- Russian (PDF) - translation provided by Mikhail Dovgalyuk
Many thanks to those providing translations.